Press "Enter" to skip to content

Cartier $7.5bn Owner Fears Prospect of The Poor Rising Up ‘Keeps Him Awake At Night’

Johann Rupert, the multi-billionaire owner of luxury jewellery company Cartier, who has a $7.5 billion fortune, lets the world in on some of his greatest fears. He worries that robots will one day be replacing workers and that the poor will rise up to bring down the rich.

It was while he was speaking at the Financial Times Business of Luxury Summit in Monaco, that Rupert told his fellow elite that he can’t sleep at the thought of the inevitable upheavals that must take place within our system regarding wealth gaps – no, these do not have to be violent upheavals, but this way of being cannot last forever.

The reality of the situation is, in our world, those who do not have the means to make ends meet are increasing. It is believed that by 2030 the richest 1% will own two-thirds of global wealth. This is happening for many reasons including things like tax codes, bank bailouts, quantitive easing, government subsidies and more.

Is this how we want to live our lives? In a world where wealthy people, who do work hard in many cases, are simply able to manipulate and control others via systematic forms of wealth maintenance? It isn’t to say we must judge those with money, that’s not what this is about at all, it’s simply to ask the question, why do we live in a way where we allow powerful people to keep the rest poor? Our systems do that by design. We do not have to live in scarcity, we systematically choose to. More on this later.

According to Bloomberg, Johann Rupert told the conference to bear in mind that when the poor rise up, the middle classes won’t want to buy luxury goods for fear of exposing their wealth.

Rupert learned about the latest figures regarding changes in labour technology, as well as recent Oxfam figures suggesting the top 1 per cent of the global population now owns more wealth than the other 99 per cent. Given the 2030 projections we shared above, those figures are only going to become even more extreme.

How is society going to cope with structural unemployment and the envy, hatred and the social warfare?” he said. “We are destroying the middle classes at this stage and it will affect us. It’s unfair. So that’s what keeps me awake at night.” Johann Rupert

The Takeaway

When things become extreme they become obvious. When things are obvious we have a clear chance to reflect on them. The question is, what questions will we ask?

A wealth gap does not suggest evil, it suggests a state consciousness that fears for its own survival – it suggests the ego program is running amuck. When people want control over others it’s because they have become so deeply identified with stories of fear and survival, perpetuated through the ego, that they can no longer see anything outside of their own survival. This is the means through which most of the elite, who design these systems and use them to enslave humanity, continue to operate.

So what questions must we ask? How do we stop this or change our game here on Earth? Well, automation is key, it can free up tasks humans don’t need to be doing, which is like 80 – 90% of the work force. This is actually great, but it requires we also change our thinking about our system – better yet, we must shift our consciousness.

No longer is this about “how do we make that work within the economy,” instead it’s about “why are we trying to take great ideas and force them into the economy?” Why are we addicted to the idea of this system? It’s not just that we don’t think anything else is possible, it’s also because we have forgotten who we are, i.e. we think we are the mind and the ego and that’s it.

To explore this, we must look at our current world and ask key questions as to why it is this way and what about us makes it this way and holds onto this. As we expand that self awareness and tap into our true selves, we begin to see our world in a different light. This shift in consciousness is the foundation for how we create change.

I know, that was a simple and crude explanation of a more complicated subject, but this is why I did an episode of The Collective Evolution Show podcast discussing this in a lot more detail called Thinking Outside The Box. You can listen to it here or watch the full 3 hour show on CETV by becoming a member here.

It will certainly help express the ideas I am trying to get across about how this comes down to consciousness and reflection, not policy and politics.

This article first appeared at Collective Evolution.