Nagpur-based lawyer, Satish Mahadeorao, filed a writ petition before the Nagpur Bench of the Bombay HC, alleging that Judge Loya died of ‘radioactive isotope poisoning’ and not due to a heart attack
Nagpur-based advocate, Satish Mahadeorao Uke, has filed a writ petition before the Nagpur Bench of the Bombay High Court, alleging that Judge BH Loya died of ‘radioactive isotope poisoning’ and not due to a heart attack. In the petition, he also alleged that he has a threat to his life from Bhartiya Janata Party (BJP) Chief Amit Shah.
According to a report in Telegraph, Satish Mahadeorao Uke said, “I don’t know whether I will be alive tomorrow. Records related to Judge Loya’s death were destroyed but we have recovered documents through other departments, which I have submitted with the petition. My appeal to the court is to ensure that the documents are protected so that the investigation can be carried out even if I am dead.”
“We have further evidence regarding Judge Loya’s death which will be submitted before the high court later,” Uke said.
The petitioner had earlier brought to attention the suspicious deaths of two aides of Judge BH Loya.
The death of Judge Loya, who was presiding over an alleged fake encounter case in which BJP leader Amit Shah was subsequently discharged, has been marred with controversy.
The Supreme Court had in April 19 this year ruled out any foul play in Judge Loya’s death.
According to a report on NewsCentral, here are the allegations made by Mahadeorao in his petition:
1. Judge Loya disclosed to Mahadeorao that the said ‘influential persons’ who were issuing threats included Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis. Allegedly, Judge Loya also said that he had been given a draft copy of the ‘judgement’ in Sohrabuddin fake encounter case “for discharge of Amit Shah”.
2. The said ‘draft judgement’ was allegedly sent by Judge Loya to Judge Thombre and Mahadeorao. After Judge Loya’s death on December 1, 2014, Adv. Khandalkar informed Mahadeorao of threats to his (Khandalkar’s) life as he had ‘important documents and information’ on the details of Judge Loya’s suspicious death. Khadelkar died in ‘suspicious circumstances’ by allegedly jumping to his death on the premises of Nagpur District Court on October 29, 2015.
4. Thombre also died on May 16, 2016, near Hyderabad while on a train from Nagpur to Bangalore under ‘suspicious circumstances’.
5. On June 8, 2016, “heavy iron trusses, rods, pipes and sheets fell on Mahadeorao’s office in Nagpur. However, he did not get hurt as he had left office. A complaint regarding this filed at Ajni police station, Nagpur, but the police did not make an entry.
6. On the midnight of February 6, 2018, Mahadeorao’s associate, Abhiyan Barahate, received a threat call allegedly from Devendra Fadnavis’ brother Sanjay Fadnavis. A police complaint was filed regarding this as well. Mahadeorao alleges that this was an attempt to keep the documents of Judge Loya’s death hidden.
7. Mahadeorao alleges that one Suryakant Gajanan Lolage threatened him on “instructions of some highly influential political persons and his friend Adv. Yogesh Nagpure”. Lolage allegedly asked Mahadeorao to “settle all these matters otherwise a police officer of Devendra Fadnavis will book the petitioner.” The petition adds, “Lolage gave offer of Rs 200 crore to the petitioner against all the evidences.